When: August 14th – 18th 2019
Where: Summit Arts Center Government Camp
Register at the door. $45 One Day or $90 for the whole event. We recommend you reserve your Mt.Hood lodging early. Visit our Housing Page for local options. Parking is available for RV’s and trailers. Must check in with registration tent BEFORE setting up. Camping is readily available both in and off site. Recommendations available at the registration tent. All camping is free. No solid fuel fires or bbqing allowed… propane is fine.
- Wednesday, August 14th: Get campsite early, come and hang out.
- Thursday, August 15th: at Noon, Joe Elliott will be doing the hands-on demonstration. Participants will be able to work on their hands-on project throughout the rest of the weekend.
- Friday, August 16th: 9AM-Noon – Morning demonstration. 1PM-4PM afternoon demonstration.
- Saturday, August 17th: 9AM-Noon – Morning demonstration. 1PM-4PM afternoon demonstration.
- Sunday, August 18th: 9AM- Noon – Morning demonstration.
Saturday June 22nd – 10am – 4 pm. Bring a lunch or restaurants in the village. This is a one day beginning class, taught by guest artist Kathryn Watne. It will cover basic enamel techniques-metal prep, tools, application techniques such as-stencils, dry sifting, wet application, sgriffitto, and safety. All materials will be supplied-copper, tools, opaque and transparent enamels. Sample pieces will be made, final project can be a pair of earrings, or a pendant suitable for a necklace. Register by June 17th. $200.
June 1st & 2nd – Saturday & Sunday. 10Am till 4PM Bring a lunch or restaurants in the village. Creating glass beads using a surface mix torch, and COE 104 rods. Learn to wind hot glass onto a mandrel to form beads. Decorations, different COE glass, and history of glass beads are covered. Studio Safety and different torches are also discussed. MUST wear 100% cotton clothing, and closed toed shoes. We supply glass rods, tools, and torch equipment. Bring a notebook and pen for taking notes. 6 students max. 4 students minimum. $350 each Register by May 27th Private Groups welcome. $300 ea. In groups.