Summer season is in full swing in Oregon! The weather is fantastic, the kids are out of school, and summer weekends are starting to fill up. Make sure you take time now to sign up for that arts workshop you have been thinking about. Cascadia Center for Arts & Crafts has a fabulous line up of summer workshops. From beginning silkscreening class to the basics of digital photography, writing workshops to blacksmithing, CCAC has something for every taste and skill level.
Why take a class with us? We are a nonprofit arts organization that operates out of cluster of historic US Forest Service ranger station cabins in Government Camp, Oregon. Our workshops are mini-retreats where you get to tap into your creative side surrounded by the beauty and nature of Mt. Hood. Most of our classes run for two days, leaving plenty of time for hiking, swimming, kayaking and other summer fun on Mt. Hood. Bring your family or friends up and stay at one of the many hotel or rental homes in the area and feel life slow down just a little bit.
- June 27 Mokumé Workshop
- June 28, Introduction to Blacksmithing
- July 9 & 10, Drawing and Painting from Nature
- July 12, Silkscreened Wares Using Cut Stencils
- July 18 & 19, Fundamentals of Photography
- August 1, Stamp Making Workshop
- August 2, Indigo Shibori Dye Workshop
- August 8 & 9, Textile Color Workshop
- August 15 & 16, Natural Light Portrait Photography
- August 23 Tyvek, Roses Workshop
See the complete class schedule here. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or sign up online.
Want to help spread the word about our classes? Help share on your social media pages or print off Summer 2015 posterto put up wherever art lovers hang out.
Come get creative with us. See you up on Mt. Hood this summer!